Play Time

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wynott86

I currently let my Chinchilla out to play in a hall way. I take his cage off the base and place it in front of one of the doorways so he cannot get out. My question is should I open his cage door to let him go inside his cage and play around or leave it closed and let him explore being outside for his play time. Hes still allowed access to his food and water because the base is still open and he can go in it. I leave it closed for now just to kind of force him to use the playtime outside his cage. Also I sometimes leave him out for an hour or two. Such thing as too much playtime outside his cage? Thanks all.

I think that is totally up to you. I have playtime in a bathroom and they have no cage in there. I bought one of the cardboard house mazes, they love it and it gives them somewhere to feel secure if need be. My boys have 30 min-1hr of playtime.

As long as he doesn't wear himself out and is supervised the entire time he should be alright with a long playtime (unless he is younger than 6 months, then, no playtime at all).

Back