Play time and noises

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinowner

I am not a new owner i have had my little man maya for about 6 years. I am having trouble getting him out to run around. I have a ball that he loves to use if i can get him out but most times he looks at me then runs to hide, could he be doing this because he has a wheel in his cage that is giving him the running time he needs? or should i look around and maybe try to find a playpen and see if that works.

Another thing Maya seems to make a lot of squeaking noises and he calms down once i open the cage door. I thought the noise was because he wanted out but everytime i open the door he runs away.

Any help would be great

If this is one of the balls you put them in, most people you will notice here do not recommend it for good reason. It has been shown to overheat chins which can make them sick or die. What I would do is just leave his cage open and letting him come out on his own. I do that for mine during their playtime and they come out hang out jump back in and just do their own thing.

I know the balls are looked down on but he is never in there for long periods of time only if i have to leave the room for a few minutes. I would just leave his cage door open but my room as of right now is a death trap for him and his cage is also about 5 to 6 feet off the ground i dont want him to break anything.

I agree with Woodrow, you should get some type of playpen, I have one on my site if you are interested, but I have seen the ones that Woodrow mentioned, and those are even better.

Back