Play room/play time/chin bio's. Long. Sorry. =)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreya

So I just moved to a house where my chins have their own room and I am working on my chin room/play room. So far they only have their cages and a chinchilla maze that I got from Forever Feisty that they love. Well that and a dresser they like to hide under. Today was cage cleaning day and they weren't supposed to be having play time but it turned into chin-fest and I didn't mind.

I have four boys caged in pairs of two. Ari (my vet magnet) and Sobek live together and Talyn and Kallel. Though Ari doesn't like Talyn (I tried to have a trio before but it didn't work out, thus, Kallel) I have found that all four of my boys can have play time together without issues, which makes me happy.

Ari has been handled by me since the day he was born and is a total sweetheart. He has some incontinence issues and fell asleep in the towel on my chest after his bath today --- sooo cute. Sobek I got around 9 months and has always been shy but will let me pet his head, takes treats from me and adores Ari.

Talyn I got at about a year old (a few months ago) and is adorable but also very shy. He will come up to the front of the cage to get treats or oats and let me pet his nose but that's about it. And Kallel is a former breeder I got most recently and is terrified of me. The only thing he will accept from me is the acidophilus wafer that I sometimes give him, otherwise he gets so scared he won't even look at me...

...but Kallel loves play time. This big fat scaredy cat loves hopping around the room and checking out the other chins' cage. When he's out playing he will even come near me and sniff a little before going on his way. I think I lose my progress with him though when I have to get him back in his cage, as he never wants to go back.

Talyn has fun popping in and out of his cage and even jumped from the door of his cage onto Kallel today. He will pop in, run on the wheel and pop out. He will then pop off the wall and run under the dresser.

Ari is my sweetest chin but the hardest to get back in his cage, as his favorite game while out is "keep away" and will try and get me to chase him. And Sobek when he isn't glued to Ari loves the maze.

It took a while to get everyone rounded up tonight but they are all clean and fed and I would say "all played out" but I can hear them in their wheels. I am ecstatic to finally have a safe place for them to play and enjoying watching them. =)

Back