Picky Finley

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleychin

Why is there always one guy who won't go with the flow?
Mine is Finley.He won't eat lifeline at all.I tried making it into paste,sprinkling it on his pellets(he refused to eat the pellets),mixing it with his oats(he picked out a few oats) and he won't eat pumpkin either so I cant mix it with that.
I'm going to try it on a shreddie next.
Can you guys think of anything else to mix it with?
He's not sick or anything,but I'm thinking of a food change soon and I'd like to get him used to it just in case.

I have a couple chins that won't eat it........BUT I made it into cookies and tricked them!

I didnt bake them because a few members said it would decrease the probiotic so i mixed it nice and thick and pastey and dropped little blobs onto waxed paper. i did set it on top of my toaster oven (on top of tin foil so the wax paper didnt melt). I had made something in there so it was still a little warm.........not sure if it helped. But after about 3 days of air drying, they were hard inside & out. if you made them thinner more wafer like maybe it would only take a day & 1/2 or 2???

cant hurt to try.

I have one who is the same way here are some tactics that have worked for me anytime I have to introduce something new:

Make it into paste hold him securely and hold the paste close to his mouth. (mine would eat it because she knew that's how she'd get put down). I had to do this for awhile, and I stopped all other treats, so she wasn't getting anything else she liked treat wise. After awhile I just started leaving the paste in her bowl, and now she eats it when I'm not watching. She still won't gobble it up in front of me like my other chins.

Hopefully your chin won't get sick, but if you ever really need them to eat it water it down or mix with Critical Care and syringe feed. I wouldn't do this with a healthy animal, but if you have to hand feed anyway then just mix it in.

Thanks Guys!Great ideas to try on my picky boy.
All my other boys gobble it down,but Finley has to do every thing his way.:hair:
Heres my Finley!

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9
Back