Perineal Hernia? In Chinchillas???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LVchinchillas

My beautiful Brown Velvet female had given birth to a still born. Shortly after we took her to the vet because she had developed a huge bump next to her tail. The vet diagnosed it as a Perineal Hernia and told us if it gets bigger we would have to take her in for surgery.

Magically the hernia just disappeared. We called the vet and she didn't know what to say.

I would like your help to solve this mysterious bump. All that is left is a small scab.

We have stopped her completely from breeding. Shes a wonderful pet now.

2i7369e.png

Cocoa :)

It could have been an abscess that drained out and healed quickly. Sometimes those types of things can happen, usually it would take longer! It could have been fluid build up, maybe some inflammation from a difficult birth. It's hard to say. I'm glad that she's doing well.

It could have been an abscess that drained out and healed quickly. Sometimes those types of things can happen, usually it would take longer! It could have been fluid build up, maybe some inflammation from a difficult birth. It's hard to say. I'm glad that she's doing well.

Thank you for your expert opinion. She is doing great, she was very depressed after she lost her baby and her female and male cage mates (because I had to separate them). But we filled her up with love and shes doing great now. :)

Back