painting a cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mothergoose

So I want to expand the housing and play area for my chins. They are now in a Martin skyscraper. I was able to pick up a cheap Martin town house on craigs list. I plan to take out all the wire shelves and scrub it all down. Is there any safe way to spray paint this cage? The chins don't chew on their cage now and the town house is just looking "yucky" from oxidation. Any suggestions?????

Thanks, Kathy

You could paint it with non-toxic spray paint, but the result may not be a very attractive looking cage. Have you tried vinegar? I put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray all the areas with mineral/urine deposits to try to get some of it to dissolve. Other than that...a wire brush would help out tremendously. I sort of gave up on caring about oxidation and deposits myself...I just use soapy bleach water and scrub down the cages really well. If there is something that is really stuck, I have a metal bar and a hammer that I use to break it up really well.

Back