Not Peeing?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca1122

Charged By Chins.
Hi,

I have noticed that Oliver has not been peeing lately. I haven't seen pee anywhere for quite some time, and at first I thought that it might have dried up or I might just not have been able to see it, but now I don't know.
He usually does not pee much, but I have not seen him pee and have not seen any pee spots or anything on the fleece/in his cage.
He is drinking and eating normally. I also did a hair ring check on him this morning and he had a tiny piece of fur, but nothing that would stop him from peeing, as I could barely see it.
Does anyone know why he might not be peeing?

Thanks.

He could have stones blocking him. Take his fleece out and try laying paper towels down. If he is not peeing for real he needs to go in. The vet can feel his bladder. Remember, chins hide their illness.

Okay, thanks. He actually peed when I took him out last night. But his pee was a more yellow color, kind of like the color of humans. Isn't their pee supposed to be darker? Is it bad that it was a lighter color than usual?

The color depends on how much they have been drinking. It can be anywhere from almost colorless to a dark reddish orange.

It's been 3 days since he peed last..any thoughts on why he is not peeing? What could this problem be? Is it bad?
He seems to be eating, drinking, acting normally, etc..

Latest posts

Back