Not Okay with the Move.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meggles07

Crazy Chin Mom
I moved into a new house a few weeks ago and have noticed Scoops still doesn't seem super comfortable in her new environment. I tried giving her space, giving her one on one time with me when we are the only ones in the house, tried fun new hanging toys, and am at a loss as to what to try next. She has her own little room off of the living room and a lot of privacy. Any ideas?

a move is a really big deal for a chin, and some take it not as well as others.

like Cathy said, she just needs more time. lots of love and attention and she'll come around :))

I just wasn't sure if they normally come around after a few weeks. Her being so stressed is breaking my heart. Thanks for the advice. I am ordering her a ton of new wood from Ronda as a "please don't be mad at mommy" peace offering.

We moved over a month ago and noticed a really big change in Thaddeus. He has been spraying on the wall and is really aggressive during play time. We just moved across the street, it was a really easy move for him, but the different apartment isn't to his liking it seems :(

just cover the top and back, and have a little fleece hanging over the sides of the cage. this won't restrict air flow too much and will give her a feeling of security in the top of the cage where the fleece hangs over the sides.

i usually keep a piece of fleece draped over my boys' cage this way, and they really like the 'cave-like' feeling they get at the top back shelf.

Back