Not life or death, but torn armpit skin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic_FROST

IMG_20111209_122606.jpg

Torn armpit skin. Cleaned as best I could, and scab has formed. Cannot get into our vet as he is out until after XMAS and all area vets cant take us until next week.

I need a couple suggestions as to what to put on this. This chin is a heavier girl and is sitting sedentary is the corner. Eating drinking pooping, but sedentary.

I should add:

The skin tear goes up around the inside of the armpit. About 1/4 inch by 1 & 1/2 inches in length. Not tiny.

IMO the wound looks like it is healing well and the skin aroound it is nice and pink, if it was my chin I would just keep a eye on it and not see a vet.

How did it happen?

Maybe I am just being a little paranoid, this fat graceful angel is my favorite. Cant believe she got that from falling off a shelf....

Any ideas of what I can put on it? I cant use blu kote

Now mind you I am no expert at wounds but I don't think I would mess with it, just let it heal on its own.

I'm nursing one that pretty much de-gloved his arm a week ago. His wound was almost all the way around. He managed to get some of the sutures out yesterday and it now looks very much like yours does. The vet gave me an antibiotic cream to put on it for a few days and says it will heal on its own now. As long as you can keep it clean (no dust baths etc) and it doesn't start showing signs of infection, it will probably heal up just fine.

I would leave it alone. Do not put BluKote on it as it colors the skin and you won't be able to watch the skin color properly.

Back