Not drinking

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolanu

The Clueless
My chinchilla Caboose was recently put on Baytril (as you've probably noticed from me practically spamming the forums, this is my only source of other-owner input in MT), the kind that I mix into water and she just drinks, since she is still active. However, over the course of the day she has drastically slowed down her drinking. I've been at her side all day and she's drank maybe three or four times, I haven't noticed her drinking for several hours. Should I try to get her to drink from a syringe, or contact my vet for an oral medication that I don't mix in her water?

I took her out for a short playtime in a small room a few minutes ago, she was unusually aggressive and short-tempered. She pooped a lot, and I think she is still urinating as I just cleaned her bottom again and it was still getting wet. Her belly feels a little swollen, but apparently that's to be expected.

I forgot, she also doesn't seem to have slept much today. I've been quiet, I know that mellow, familiar sounds comfort them. She just seems fidgety and.. uncomfortable.

Back