Nick on nose...?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sendra

Chin-zilla!
Tribble knocked her nose and has a little nick out of it. Should I put ointment on it? Would it be likely to scar?

Just watch it and see how it does. It may heal fine with no antibiotic ointment. As for scarring, no clue, but will it matter?

Just watch it and see how it does. It may heal fine with no antibiotic ointment. As for scarring, no clue, but will it matter?
Sorry for the late reply, I had read your post but never got back to responding. As for worrying about the scar, I was just worried because she wiggles her nose a lot when she's sniffing things and checking them out that scar tissue (Which isn't very stretchy) would make it possibly painful/impossible for her to wiggle her nose when she investigates things. Maybe I just overthink things too much...

Not much you can do about a scar. I have a 4 inch scar on my forehead/eyebrow and I wiggle it all the time, doesn't hurt me. ;) I'm sure she will be fine.

Back