New shelves for Moshi!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

d3c456f3.jpg

8cbbc684.jpg

My dad made new shelves for Moshi today! I bought KD pine at Home Depot, and they cut the boards for me. I threw away the awful plastic shelves his cage came with. Moshi was going insane! He spent 10 mins hoping from top to bottom, continually! Then he figured out he could chew them :p He seems SO much happier with his new boards! I got six boards altogether. It was $20 to make him new shelves :)

It looks amazing! He looks like a very happy chin on his brand new ledges! I love the name Moshi also! :)

Thanks! I'm having a bit of a problem though. Moshi is kicking poo out of the cage. Alot of poop! Is there anyway to keep most of it in the cage? I'm sweeping 2-3 times a day because he just keeps kicking it out. It's really annoying my dad. Even though I'm sweeping it alot, it still seems to be everywhere.

Many people make wooden poop guards along the edges of the wooden shelves to help contain some of the poops. However, when it comes to chinchillas they'll find a way to make a mess anyway. There's only so much you can do.

Lol. I'll look into poop guards, thank you! He is more messy than my other two boys combined. But knowing Moshi he is doing it on purpose. I swear he knows I'm the one who separated him from Mira.

Back