New Rescue

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better. She is eating some pellets but I am still giving her critical care. She seems much more interested in her cage now and is curious about me. Let me give her a scritch even. So once she is healthier I will get her back to the vet for a proper check.

She still really smells though! I cut out some of the nastier clumps of who knows what.

I know that smell. :( The chins come in with bad teeth and have been drooling for months and the owners say, "Oh, I never even noticed that!" (I'm not bitter, that's just a common response.)

The dust will help over time with that. You could give her a water bath, but she's really in bad shape so I think that may stress her too much. I hope you can get all the dirty clumpy mats off of her soon.

I just let her dust daily. I did one water bath once and if I can avoid it I will! Lol!

She took an apple twig last night and chewed it. As well, she is eating more pellets so I will cut back on the cc. Have not seen her touch any hay yet. Not even alfalfa.

Back