New Foster Mom and Sister

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Irish Chinchilla
Since I bought my house and now have a couple spare rooms, I've been eager to foster cats again. I just got the call tonight that there was a mom-to-be and her 8 month old sister in need, so I rushed out to pick them up.

I got them all set up and am leaving them alone for the rest of the night - except of course for one quick photo! =D They haven't come out of the carrier yet so here they are, squished up against the back, as far away from me as they could be. =p

beckysissy1.jpg

The one in front is named Sissy, she's the pregnant one. Not sure how far along she is yet as I haven't been able to properly feel her belly. Don't care too much for that name (it's kind of an insult, no?) so I may end up changing it. The one in the back is named Becky, she's a bit more shy but she's very pretty as well.

I'm excited. It's been over two years since I've had a momcat and kittens to care for! Everyone will be up for adoption in due time, but for now, they're with me. =)

Really? I only have brothers, so I never got to call anyone sissy. =p Sissy to me is synonymous to wussy. Or Sissy Spacek...

This Sissy is supposed to be the older one anyone, you'd think she'd be Becky and the younger one would be the Sissy. Maybe the organization got their names mixed up?

That is great news Mish! They are very pretty. Will you become the cat lady one day?? lol!

For the name Sissy it depends who you talk to. It is the name used in a movie for an Austrian Empress with a mind of her own and stood for herself, which was unusual in those days (year 1800 approx).

Although the word (in english) over the years has gained another definition that is not flattering for some and lost it's prestigious ring to it, but in french it has kept that nobelness.

Last edited:
Wait, so now I have ANOTHER place to get lost on the way to since Mapquest's directions suck?

Very cute kitties, Mish! Have fun!

Yes, I moved three months ago. ^^ And never use Mapquest - their directions are awful. Use Google Maps. Or, you know, call me. Especially before you look for a place to eat ahahAH! =p

Haha! Hey, the food was good! Just pricier than expected! And I think I DID use google maps, actually. It just kindly forgot to tell us there was an exit!

Mish--they are pretty!!

If you get any black ones(perferably female..) let me know... Jason is dying for a black kitten!

I like the second one's name (Becky is my name too), so if you change Sissy's name, I vote for using my middle name, Sue. :p Jk. Usually when it comes to animals, I let their name come to me as I get to know them. They're gorgeous girls, and since they're so close, Becky might end up helping with the kittens when they arrive. Closely related females will often babysit, or even nurse another's kittens if they deliver around the same time. Good luck, and please post pics often! Nothing cuter than baby kittens, except maybe baby chinnies....

I know it sounds hokey but I like to let animals tell me what they want to be called as well, though generally if they come with a name I keep it. Sissy just doesn't sit right with me though. =/

I'm beginning to suspect that Becky is pregnant as well - though Sissy is definitely more far along, I could see a bit of a pouch on Becky when she stood up as well. Still haven't actually felt either of them yet, but at least they've moved out of the carrier to under the bed. =p

Well then, sounds like it's time to offer copious amounts of kitten food. There are vitamin supplements you can offer too, usually in with the liquid wormer and hairball treatment parts of the pet store. While i miss having the scamper-scrabble of little kitten feet, I don't envy you to potential of 2 litters at once.

Had the girls about a week now. Sissy has been renamed Cleo, and I've been seeing/feeling movement but I think there's about another week to go yet. It took a couple days to get her out from under the bed, but she responded after a couple cans of wet food and is now in love with pets and attention. Becky is still a bit shy, but she finally let me pet her today so she's coming around. Here's a few new pics!

Becky and Cleo together:
beckycleo3.jpg

Becky:
becky1.jpg

Cleo:
cleo1.jpg

They adore each other:
beckycleo2.jpg

And two of my resident kitties, Rodeo and Flower, checking them out. =p
checkinemout.jpg

It's hard to see how striking it is in the photo, but she has "eyeliner" under her right eye - makes me think Egyptian/Cleopatra. Hence the name. =)

Back