New chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on Charlie He is doing great has let all five of us pet him (not all at the same time) Just weighed him for the first time and he is 348 grams. Is that a good weight? Here some pics
e2y9aved.jpg
uty3edyd.jpg
gugure2e.jpg
a5emyge6.jpg

348 grams is pretty small. I'm guessing that he's not full grown yet. Do you have any idea on his age? It could also be that he is just small, chins come in all shapes and sizes.

On a separate note, is that smashed poop on the yellow thing in the picture? If it is, his poop shouldn't be that soft. You might want to try and give him just lots of hay for a day or two (no pellets or treats of any kind) and see if it gets better. Soft poop can be caused by lots of things, most common for new chins is stress from the move, and too many treats. If he doesn't go back to harder pellet-like poop after a day or two of just hay, you might need to see a vet.

Yes it is soft poop I haven't got it cleaned of yet it back to normal now I think it was the change of food that caused it I know petsmart didn't have him on oxbow. That what I have for him. They told me that he was 4-5 months old but you really don't know for sure since I got him at a pet store

Glad his poop is back to normal! He's probably still growing if they said he's that young, Chins grow until they are about 1-1.5 and sometime even longer. Weigh him every couple weeks and make sure that he's not losing, and he should be fine. Sounds like you are already on the right track to giving him a great home :)

Back