New chin mommy here

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kialana

Hello! I previous lurked on here for about a month or two before I was able to adopt my furry one, Zidane, a Standard chinchilla two Saturdays ago from a rescue. He's still a bit skittish but has been warming up to me. He really enjoys having his head and face petted. He still doesn't like being picked up. I've had to clean his cage with him still in it (he stays on the bottom as I clean off the shelves then goes to the top when I'm cleaning the bottom). He's one years old but hasn't experienced too much stuff like a wheel (I got him a silver surfer. He touched it, it moved, he bolted, and hasn't tried it since. Hopefully he'll get braver.) and his cuddle buddy just came in the mail today. I gave it to him and currently, he's sitting on it! :laughitup: At least he's not afraid of it like he is of his wheel. Hopefully that will change.

So, that about it with me and my fluffball. :)

Welcome! Congrats on your new fur-ball! Give him a bit more time and I bet he'll totally settle in to his new environment.

Back