New chin licking privates a lot

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookiFace1

Both Of my chins are females but I've never experienced this with Sookie so I'm lost. Now that Sensi is in her new cage I've been observing her going into her little Hedy house and obsessively licking at her privates sometimes. I looked through the posts and was surprised to see chins go into heat as I have never noticed these signs or discharge from Sookie. There's no pus, she's not soaked, her hooha isn't red maybe sometimes looks a little swollen but not anything extremely noticeable. She's about 5 months and I am curious about a few things:

1. Is it always evident when a chinchilla is in heat? Like should I get Sookie checked to see if something is wrong?

2. Could Sensi's obsession with cleanliness be just that or indcation that something is wrong? At what age do chins start going into heat? could this have so,eying to do with the pee stains she has around her woman parts?

I just want to make sure both my fuzzies are ok! Thank you guys in advance

Some chins have a clear discharge while in heat, others show no signs whatsoever. If it continues for more than a couple of days, or she has a smelly discharge, she will need to see a vet to make sure that she doesn't have an infection.

Back