New Cage is up!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzi1780

Girls are in there new cage! I have Maddie (4 years old) and Mitzie (5 months old) they have been getting to know each other through seperate cages bumped up together and playdates but today they moved in together into a new FN 142! I still have another 2 ledges on the way and another hammock, and never mind the crappy water bottles, new ones are on the way for that too.

whole cage

pics075-1.jpg

just the top

pics076-1.jpg

bottom

pics077-1.jpg

Maddie annoyed that I am taking pics, "Mom I am trying to sleep!"

pics078-1.jpg

Awww.....glad to see the girls like the house we made for them......:)

The rest of the cage is coming along nicely....:thumbsup:

great set up....... hold on.......... hey, my chins are packing and on their way to your house.
Good job with the cage

great set up....... hold on.......... hey, my chins are packing and on their way to your house.
Good job with the cage

:hilarious:

Maddie is very happy to get out of her loaner cage! Her cage was not usable after a fire in my laundry room and Mitzie has been in a smaller quarantine cage so both girls are really loving being able to spead out

do you use a chin house to be a hay holder? i am just wonder :) i like your cage anyways!

do you use a chin house to be a hay holder? i am just wonder :) i like your cage anyways!

yes I was using was this hidey house http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753297 turned upside down. Honestly it is just too big, it takes up too much room in the cage and crazy Mitzie was enjoying repelling down into the house and sitting on all the hay. Right now I am just tossing the hay down on the liner for them and I have a willow basket on order that I am going to try out... however I am pretty sure they are going to make short work of the willow basket :D so I will probably end up ordering something else. I saw someone that used a hamster hidey house turned upside down as a hay holder and that is where I got the idea from.

Last edited:
Great job on your chins' cage! Lots of room and is that cat75's bridge/ledge? It's very cool.

I opened this, and I immediately had to throw myself in front of the screen to keep my chins from seeing it and becoming envious!! Your set up looks great!!! :)

Latest posts

Back