Nevermind

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if a chin will cuddle with something, that does not mean he will want a friend.

I know people have paired chins of all ages together... I don't think that is the problem. I think their personalities are what determines whether or not they will work out.
If you do give it a try, do not get a female. You only want to try to pair chins of the same gender.

Whatever you do, you need to have two cages. New chins need to be quarantined from old chins for at least 30 days(separate cage, separate room). This will allow the new one time to settle in and prevent anything from spreading between the two.

You also need two cages in case they don't get along. Some chins are perfectly happy with a chin in a separate cage right next to them, but will try to rip them apart if they share a cage. Mine are like that... One of them gets angry if they're in the same cage(I did the cage within a cage method so they were separated at all times) but he is perfectly fine if their cages are next to each other. He enjoys cuddling pillows, he just doesn't like sharing a cage with another chin.

Chins can live happily along, they don't need a cagemate.

^I see you found a thread, but I am keeping this here anyway. Lol

Back