need some help from the ladies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinfulcindylou

Queen of the Sinful Chins
I want to purchase some items, but being a tad on the larger side (womens size 16-18) I cannot find much in the stores around me that doesn’t look like something my grandmother would wear. I am hoping some of you lovely ladies can please PM me any sites you may use to purchase sleepwear? Please make sure you PM them, and don’t post them here.
I am only asking for recommendations because I don’t want poor quality items for the amount of money I may have to pay- especially since most of the sites I’ve seen do not allow for returns.
Thanks Ladies!!!

Amanda do you find that VS stuff is sized smaller than some other brands? I have heard that- I know the stores around me don't carry anything my size and all the associates told me to try online...

PS- I'm looking for all kinds of sleepwear

I can tell you that I'm in 14 jeans (16 if I want 'em loose). I have size L VS cotton pjs and XL VS cotton pjs. The L fit (not skin tight as I don't like that when I'm sleeping, but fit with room) - the XL nearly fall off of me. So, no with the cotton pj sets, I do not find VS to fit small. They're pretty right on.

I like Woman Within, I have a coupon code that might work for others also
WW32113 exp12/31/2010 (not 2009)
$10 off any order $50 or more
$20 off any order $75 or more
$30 off any order $100 or more
They have a good clearance section also

Lane Bryant also has some nice sleepwear. They have lingerie, but it's nothing you'd find at Frederick's ;-) I'm a 20/22 and I adore the clothes I get from Lane Bryant (just can't fit their pants correctly because of my body shape, even their right fit is the WRONG FIT).

Yeah, see? I originally ordered an XL from VS thinking that since it was VS and those darn models were always wearing that skin tight stuff that the XL would be the way to go if I wanted it to be a "comfy" fit vs. skin tight. Well...I was wrong and the XL was VERY large! I didn't go thru the trouble of returning it (was on sale anyway) and just know that I HAVE to tie the drawstring on 'em if I expect to wear 'em for longer than it takes me to take a few steps! HAHA. I then went back to VS.com and ordered the L in a couple of designs and those fit perfectly. But just remember, I don't want my stuff to fit tight...I want it to fit "comfy."

I second Lane Bryant but also recommend Fashion Bug if you have one near you--they have a plus section which I don't really consider your size, but they have things that don't make you look old--IMO.

Someday I wish I could be a size 16/18!

I would have to agree about Victoria Secret running a little big or just about right. I not only wear their sleep wear but I wear regular clothes (sweaters, pants, dresses..semi-annual sale +VIP Angel Kills me!) and everything fits pretty great or a little big. If I wear a large in some clothes I would purchase a medium in VS..

Yeah, see? I originally ordered an XL from VS thinking that since it was VS and those darn models were always wearing that skin tight stuff that the XL would be the way to go if I wanted it to be a "comfy" fit vs. skin tight. Well...I was wrong and the XL was VERY large! I didn't go thru the trouble of returning it (was on sale anyway) and just know that I HAVE to tie the drawstring on 'em if I expect to wear 'em for longer than it takes me to take a few steps! HAHA. I then went back to VS.com and ordered the L in a couple of designs and those fit perfectly. But just remember, I don't want my stuff to fit tight...I want it to fit "comfy."

Yea...I'm pretty sure VS stuff runs large. I got some pants in my size the other day and they are about 4 inches too long on me!

Yea...I'm pretty sure VS stuff runs large. I got some pants in my size the other day and they are about 4 inches too long on me!

Ahhhh shaaaaaaadup Stack - you're just like those dang models I was talking about....little, just short! Stop it! :tease:

Back