Need opinions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L_frady

a8yhujyp.jpg
e9a4enyb.jpg

I've seen people use these things for chew toys for their chinchilla's I was wondering if it was safe?

yhubu2aq.jpg

I seen these at Walmart and wanted to see if anyone has used these? Are they safe for chinchilla's?

magyhaze.jpg

Has anyone ever used the brand of Kaytee hay?

And last question. .where does everyone buy their oxbow chinchilla food from?
Sorry for all the questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The edible log is not good for chins. It contains honey and other sugary things.

The twigs and hay are usually fine, though for the twigs you may want to look on here instead. You can buy larger quantities at a better price and rest assured that they have been prepared properly (scubbed, boiled, baked). Just check the hay to make sure it is fresh, as they can sit on the shelves in stores like Walmart for a long time. Kaytee hay tends to be dusty.

As for Oxbow, usually Petsmart and some other pet stores will carry it, or you can buy it from a few people on here.

Okay, thank you for replying! Very helpful! Just wanna made sure before I buy anything & I will check on this site for the apple sticks and Oxbow. One more question. . If I decided to buy the food, hay and apple sticks in larger sizes, which are normally cheaper in the long run, is there any way to keep them fresh for a longer while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back