Need help with store chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha Lynn, I can stoop really really low when I want something: "Excuse me sir, how much is that rat in the window... what do you mean that's not a rat, it's a chinchilla!?" :innocent:

Hahaha that would be funny!

Well I stopped in again to get food for my geckos, and he was still there. I felt him again, and he is sooo skinny. I talked to him and he said he was going to still keep him, but to make sure he goes to an "Experianced" home.
He then went to tell me that chinchillas are not cheap and that $100 is a good price (Most chins are $150..in fact he had a perfectly mosiac housed with him for !150) and that they fee ensures that the owner knows they are not cheap animals.

So, I gathered up all my receipets for my ferret nation cages, the campor chins order I just placed, my quality mutations order I placed, and all the receipts I have for food and toys. I also did what you guys said and brought photos of my set up, and in fact, I already set up his cage and told him that this is the exact cage he would go into for quarentine, and then would be set up in a ferret nation.

My costs yearly for all my animals amount to about $800 a year..not including toys. My chinchillas eat the same as my rabbits (Purina Show, hay) and I spend $325 a year on all of them together..just for food. So I think that shows you I have no problem spending money on my animals

I then showed him...and he said he was impressed, but once again, he isn't letting a chinchilla go for so cheap!

I was amazed!

And sure enough, today I went back for more food (My leopard geckos are pregnant, and eat alot, lol) and he was gone. The owner and I didn't exchage words. I am good friends with the reptile people, and the manager told me that a woman with 3 tweens bought him. I feel so sorry.

I really hope he doesn't die from malnutrition, because he needed some critical care and major TLC..forget about the chewed fur, what about how skinny he was.

that truly breaks my heart to hear. I really hope this lil guy is well cared for, and the new owners know what they are getting into and gets him to the vet asap

Back