Need chin pics & links for website

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
I'm building an educational website on chinchillas and need pictures of the following things: (please provide your name if you would like credit for the picture)

Illnesses:
Fur chewing
Fungus
Bumblefoot
Eye infection
X-rays of tooth elongation
Any other health abnormality you may have a picture of

Colors:
Sapphire and TOV Sapphire
TOV ebony with belly shot
Goldbar
Homo beige and hetero beige
Violet wrap
Standard
Dark tan

I am also going to have a directory of chinchilla links for supply stores or any other related chin website, so if you would like your website included, feel free to post here with a brief description of your website. Also looking for links to breeder/rescue pages.

Thanks for your help! :thumbs:

I don't have any pictures of the chinnies you mentioned you needed, but I would love to be added to your website under rescues/suppliers.

Spoiled Rotten Chinchillas Rescue
jaxchinchillarescue.webs.com

Here's one of Chibi when she was chewing, it's just on her hip, and she only does it when she's stressed (like moving to a new house)
DSCN1054.jpg

And I'd love to be added under your chin supply links
Camphor Chins http://www.CamphorChins.com

i sent you a pm, so i could email you pix. i have some really good pix of richie's xrays & one of him in the oxygen tank.

Here's a Hetro Beige (Donna). I can send you some good eye infection shots when I get home. I'll try to get an eb tov belly shot if I can get Lily to hold still :)

I can only get a thumbnail version of the photo. How do you attach a full sized version?

Attachments

• donna.jpg
    donna.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 63
Here's my standard, CJ. You're more than welcome to use them. If you'd like a different pose, I'm sure I have them also if you need a larger file, I can email them to you.
photo.jpg

CJ-3.jpg

I can only get a thumbnail version of the photo. How do you attach a full sized version?

The easiest way I have found to load up my pics is to get a free photobucket.com account and upload pics there and then once they are uploaded, you just copy the IMG link and paste it in your post.

Thanks so much everyone! These are great so far. Keep em coming. Now that I've finally figured out how to work Joomla, the website is coming along nicely!

How serious of a fur chewing picture do you want? My Chula is a severe fur chewer, so it isn't pretty. I can try to get some decent pictures of it tonight.

How serious of a fur chewing picture do you want? My Chula is a severe fur chewer, so it isn't pretty. I can try to get some decent pictures of it tonight.

That's fine. Any degrees of fur chewing is welcome and would actually be appreciated so I can document the varying severities.

My Chalupa is a violet wrap, email me and I can send you a pic, I forget how to post it here, lol. Email is the same as my paypal which I think you have :)

Let me know if you want any more beige pictures. I have a few from my boys. :) They've been waiting to be discovered as chinny models.

Hey Stacie, I have a few pics you can use that might be helpful.

Here is Pericles' x-ray of G.I. stasis and the beginning stages of bloat. You can see the pockets of gas as well as the ingested food in the front half of his digestive tract.

DSC05708.jpg

Here is a picture of a standard boy, Timmy:

Timmy.jpg

And here is a picture of Pericles, a hetero beige. I think this is a good picture showing the eye color and the veiling of beiges (and freckles!):
PeriProfile.jpg

And you can list me in your breeder/rescue directory as well:

Chinchilla Chateau
Northern California
http://chinchillachateau.googlepages.com

Thanks for the x-ray pics! They are very useful! As well as all the other pictures. I really appreciate all your guys' help!

Here is a pic o a pic of my beautiful little beige Bunny, and Pepper (standard) that chews her hip occasionally, and then Pepper getting scritches (just for fun)

Attachments

• 100_4653 - Copy.jpg
    100_4653 - Copy.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_4426.jpg
    100_4426.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_4401.jpg
    100_4401.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 40
Can't resist the opportunity to flaunt our chins!

Kokomo, healthy xray
Kokomo08-11-17a-Version2Resize.jpg

Kokomo, broken right hind leg
Kokomo08-12-23a-Version2Resize.jpg

pinned broken leg
Kokomo08-12-23c-Version2Resize.jpg

and here he is, a dark standard
IMG_9151-Version2Resize.jpg

and just in case you'd like a chin running on a wheel, our violet boy Kenai!
IMG_8766-Version3Resize.jpg

Thanks again everyone! The coding for the website is all done, now all I have to do is start adding the content. If you wanted to get a feel of how it's going to look, I'll let you guys take a peek. :D

www.chinnation.com

two cuties on the home page!!!! let us know as it is updated, will be interesting to see a website from the ground up.

Back