Need advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorMadeChinchillas

Hello all! I'm brand new to the forums and would love to some of everyone's advice. I have 3 wonderful chinny babies that I have been building houses, ledges, and tunnels for years and until recently I haven't thought much of it. I recently visited a breeder friend and showed her pictures of my designs and she suggested selling them here. I honestly have no idea what to charge and was hoping for some advice, suggestions, or anything else you think would be helpful. I will load some pictures as soon as I figure out how. Thanks in advance.

Wow a lot of my designs are very plain compared to some of those awesome designers. Thank you for the information. I would still like to post pictures and see if I can get any ideas.

As an FYI, to sell items on the forum, you must have been a member for at least 30 days and be considered a contributing member. Posts that are considered contributing are posts that are helpful and informational. This is from the Classifieds section:

The classifieds sections are intended to be a facility of contributing members for Chins-n-Hedgies members. It is an added benefit to your membership and should be treated as a privilege. This forum is here first and foremost as a place for chinchilla and hedgehog owners to get help, help others and talk about their pets. Any member that wishes to use the classifieds section must be a contributing member to the forum.

Forum staff will be monitoring the classifieds and any post made to a classified section by a non-contributing member will be removed, please do not report non-contributing posts. Continued posting my result in your access being removed.

Do I qualify as a contributing member?
You may post to one of the classifieds section if you meet any of the following:

1. User who has been a member for 30 days AND at least 10 contributing type posts monthly (the last 30 days) to one of the chinchilla or hedgehog sections. "Aw cute" type posts do not qualify as a contributing post.

2. Users who have paid for banner advertising will be allowed to post to the classifieds section, regardless of their monthly post count.

Exclusions: The Rescue & Swap and Want ad sections are excluded in the contributing member rule. If you need to rehome your chinchilla or hedgehog and are asking a small rehoming fee ($25 or less), you will be allowed to post.

This rule goes into effect 10/15/2011 and applies to all members (both new and old).

Houses

Like all my other projects these are made out of pine. I normally don't make a bottom for the since they are sitting on the ledges. I like making two different sizes one smaller one with top ledges and a larger one without. My chins absolutely love sleeping and playing in and around these things. The larger ones generally have a top hole for them to pop out of and at least 1 window to peek through. As always any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20140226_142605.jpg
    20140226_142605.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2014022695142453.jpg
    2014022695142453.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140222_194416.jpg
    20140222_194416.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2014022095153146(0).jpg
    2014022095153146(0).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 19
Like all my other projects these are made out of pine. I normally don't make a bottom for the since they are sitting on the ledges. I like making two different sizes one smaller one with top ledges and a larger one without. My chins absolutely love sleeping and playing in and around these things. The larger ones generally have a top hole for them to pop out of and at least 1 window to peek through. As always any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Very nice!

I actually do have a suggestion; I've seen it done and always thought it was soo clever... On the top of your house (without the hole) have you ever thought of placing a chinchiller there? Or perhaps a cut piece of tile (I normally go to lowes and have them cut a granite or marble piece in half, it's very affordable). It might be something to look into if your planning on selling these, or even for your own chin's. You already have the ledges for it built around your house ;)

Just a suggestion :)

Thank you for the suggestions. I never knew what to do with that chill pad so I made tunnel to hold it. Currently it is my chins favorite spot to sleep. Ill post pictures as soon as they wake up.

Back