Need 2nd Opnion if Faith is a female or a male

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liewwan

I posted up another picture of Faith (one of the rescues) private part on here and someone says it looks like a male's private.
My understanding that the male's private part should have a little gap between "it" and the anus. However when I looked at Faith's, it's side by side with the anus. I was originally told Faith is he. Faith is also a pro at spraying like crazy, but I'm advised some male spray too when stressed. The poor baby is beyond stressed with the previous living condition and now with everything so new.
I grabbed my boys and compared it to Faith's and the boys does have that gap.
I rather be safe than anything else.
Here is a better close up of the private part.
IMAG0467-1-1.jpg

Have you tried a hair ring check?
Can't check whats not there.

If it's a female you should be able to move the cone and see the slit between that and the anus.
Looks pretty close together to me.

well.. deffenitily a good idea to get another opinion lol. Thats one mistake that could go very wrong if you were incorrect.
(like almsot putting my two female kits with their dad and brother cause i thought they were male. That would have been... problematic....)

Thanks everyone :hug2:. That's what I thought when I sexed her, ok now I feel better. What a scare when I saw the comment it's a male.

As I said on the other pic...it was hard to tell. New pic, new opinion :) Definitely a female.

Yep I saw that, that's why I uploaded a bigger and closer pic hehehe. Yeah this female gets a big A for her spraying talents hahaha.

looks like a girl to me and boo your thing with the little bug almost gave me a heart attack

Hope and Grace are sisters. The lady we picked them up from bred them and her son was the new owner. Later on the son bought Faith.

Yeah the two sisters are really close, they tend to stay together or near each other. Faith is coming to me and sniffing, she groomed me last night. Yet she feels the need to keep spraying me.

Yeah the two sisters are really close, they tend to stay together or near each other. Faith is coming to me and sniffing, she groomed me last night. Yet she feels the need to keep spraying me.

That doesnt completly suprise me. I imagin it will take soem time for them to get used to you. Even my girl will spray when she feels cornered/threatened. (Or simply doesnt want to give up what ever she got her hands on :/)

BooBoo: as everyone says that bug scared me too. I was trying to swat the bug on my screen when I saw it yesterday lol.

Godofgods: Yeah she took a loofah off my hand last night, gently set it down and bam sprayed me. I guess it was pay back for burrito wrapping her to clean her eye out. Tonight she stuck her nose out, normally that's her ok for me to go closer, I tried to kiss her and bam shot right in my eye. LOL she's something else.

Back