Natural Purrz Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil_Branchette

Can anyone tell me if these are any good? Does anyone give these treats to their cat? The ingredients seem okay to me, but I think they should be inspected by professionals like you guys! ;)

Chicken, ground barley, ground rice, vegetable glycerin, malted barley, tapioca, gelatin, water, menhaden fish oil, brewer's yeast, natural flavors, lecithin, cultured whey, acetic acid, salt. Vitamins and Minerals: A, D3, E, B12taurine, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) calcium pantothenate, riboflavin (B2) niacin, thiamine mononitrate (B1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), folic acid, zinc oxide, sodium selenite (source of selenium).
Guaranteed Analysis – Chicken
Protein not less than 12%
Fat not less than 7%
Fiber not more than 3%
Moisture not more than 30%
Calories Approximately 2 per piece

It looks good to me. But the barley contains gluten, and that could be a problem for an allergy cat.

Oh, really? My cat's not allergic to that. So glycerin is not a bad thing? Is it some kind of preservative?

Upon looking up glycerin on Wikipedia, this is what is says:

In foods and beverages, glycerol serves as a humectant, solvent and sweetener, and may help preserve foods. It is also used as filler in commercially prepared low-fat foods (e.g., cookies), and as a thickening agent in liqueurs. Glycerol also serves as a way, along with water, to preserve certain types of leaves. Glycerol is also used as a sugar substitute. In this regard, it has approximately 27 calories per teaspoon and is 60% as sweet as sucrose. Although it has about the same food energy as table sugar, it does not raise blood sugar levels, nor does it feed the bacteria that form plaques and cause dental cavities. As a food additive, glycerol is also known as E number E422.

Latest posts

Back