Nala's Babies ( this thread works)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlee92

Critterlover
Nala had three little boys yesterday morning.

This is squirt the first little boy. I'm worried about him. He weighed 41 grams at birth yesterday, and today he had lost 2 grams and is now only weighing 39 grams. He isn't active like the other kits.
0604091118.jpg

This is the second little boy, he doesn't have a name yet. He weighed 54 grams at birth and again today when I weighed him. He is very active and is doing well.
0604091119.jpg

This is the third little boy who also doesn't have a name yet. He weighed 56 grams at birth and then again today when i weighed him. He is extremely active too and doing good too.
0604091120.jpg

Feeding time.
0604091548.jpg

Only a few hours old here.
0604090825-1.jpg

Is there anything I could give Squirt ( kit number one) something to help him get stonger and gain some weight?

If Mom's not pushing him away, he should be fine. Often the "runt" ends up the largest!
If the others aren't letting him feed, give him some "alone time " with mom, maybe 1/2 hour, a couple - three times a day! He'll catch up!

The smallest one squirt died last night. Mamma pushed him aside and he was sneezing blood, we tried to hand feed him but it didn't work.

I am so sorry to hear about Squirt :( I really hope your others continue to thrive and provide you much joy - they are adorable!

Well im sort of conserned about the biggest one. He has lost two grams since yesterday and he is acting like Squirt did before he died. He isn't near as active as the other kit is. This little boy was fine yesterday though. He has some nasal discharge which concerns me since Squirt was having blood come out of his nose.

Back