My Sweet Lily

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Mia Bella Vita
My sweet Baby Bean I can't believe you're gone. I'm numb from the whole experience and exhausted from crying. I just don't think it's sunken in yet. I'm going to miss watching you popcorn and wall surf. I'm going to miss your mischievous efforts to get past my chin-proofing. I'm going to miss the way you REALLY got into your scritches. Most of all it's going to be hard not having you to come home to every day. You've been through so much and you were always a brave fighter. I promised you when all this started that I would make your pain go away. I tried everything I could to help you and finally we came down to one last option. When we were saying goodbye you looked at me with those trusting eyes and kept giving me whisker kisses. I knew I had to be strong for you and make you feel better. Sleep in peace my darling and know how much I loved you. In life you hated your sister Lady, but please watch over her now. She's still not out of the woods and now that you're gone I need her more then ever. I love you baby and I miss you.

Lily saw a team of 3 exotic vets at the U of I today. They found a borderline level 1-2 heart murmur. On top of that the spurs that she had filed a month ago had already returned. Additionally she had a pocket of food that was impacting along her right side and the skin underneath was raw and going bad. They did some tests and determined that she wasn't able to masticate properly on that side possibly from nerve or muscle issues. We discussed her options and we all came to the agreement that any treatment would only be prolonging the inevitable, and I just couldn't do that to her. She deserved better.

I'm going to be making a post about Lady in the Health section. We're all a little baffled by what's going on and I would appreciate any insight. Thank you to all of our friends here on C&H who have supported us and offered advice along the way. You helped me make sure that I was doing everything possible for my baby girl, and I am so grateful to ALL of you! I'd like to send a special thanks to Sandi who over-nighted me food, medicine, and syringes. Your kindness has meant so much.

Just weaned
picture.php

Snoozin'
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mama's Lily-Bean
picture.php

I'm sorry. You couldn't be a better mommy to her. My thoughts are with you during this painful time and during Lady's recovery. Till you meet her again, RIP

Brittany, you did all you could for Lily and you loved her SO much. No chin could have asked for and gotten a better chin mom. Someday you will be together again until then I know you'll hold her in your heart.

I was thinking of you today, and planned to search the posts to see how Lily was doing. I am so so sorry for your loss. I know you fought so hard for her and now are hurting. I will keep you and Lady in my thoughts and Lily will always be with you in your heart and memories.

I'm so sorry Brittany..you did everything you could for her. Rest in peace sweet Lily, your mommy loved you very much!

I'm so sorry Brittany. My eyes are full of tears. Your dedication to your sweet Lily Bean is so beautiful. Know you did right by her. RIP sweet Lily, say hi to my boys for me. :(

I'm so, so sorry Brittany. I don't really know what else to say but I hope your sadness goes away very soon.

Latest posts

Back