My sweet baby, Chico

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critterrx

I took Chico (my baby with malocclusion) back to the vet this morning since he wasn't doing any better after his last trim. We did x-rays again to make sure we weren't missing anything. It was bad. You could barely tell where the separate roots were on the lower left. It was like a big bone mass growing into his mandible. His upper back teeth were badly curved, his incisors were longer and curved, and he had points ALREADY in the back. Dr. Leonatti was surprised and said he must not be chewing at all because she knew how short she'd trimmed those teeth two weeks ago. We decided euthanasia was the best thing to do for him. She left him under anesthesia after his x-rays so he didn't even feel the needle. I sat there with him through the whole thing, and the vet and I were both crying.

Rest in peace now, my precious baby. Mommy loves you so very much and we're all going to miss you. :'(

Chicoandbasket3.jpg

chicoandroses006.jpg

I'm so sorry, Tara. RIP sweet Chico. My heart is broken for you. Big Hugs. :hug2:

I'm so sorry Tara :'(... the loss is horrible but Chico is now pain free and beautiful as ever. RIP Chico.

I'm so sorry for your loss. From one malo mommy to another, my heart breaks for you. RIP sweet Chico!

I'm so sorry, Tara. I know he lived a spoiled, wonderful, fun life with you and he knew you loved him. RIP sweet Chico boy. You'll be very missed!

I am SO sorry for your loss. Know a few of us are carrying some of your pain tonight so you can try and rest.

You are good, brave mommy. My heart goes out to you.

Best regards,
Kristine

From another malo-momma, sometimes doing the right thing hurts us the most. But you gave him a full and wonderful life and now he can run free over that Bridge with no pain, until you meet again. RIP Chico:heart5: :angel2:

Back