My poor Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacoby

I was playing with our fairly new chin a little while ago. He jumped into my lap which he does each time he's out. He placed his front paws on my stomach which I am used to, but this time he jumped as if he was going to land on my shoulder. Sadly, it caught me off guard and I let out the girly of all girly high pitched squeals. He did a 180 mid air and ran for the other end of the room. My 12 year old was home because he hurt his back in gym and scolded me for reacting that way. I felt so bad after it happened, but it just caught me totally off guard. He came back to me again in a few minutes, but he didn't attempt the jump. I hope I didn't cause him to distrust me :(

sometimes ill be sitting in the other room and even a sudden deep breath will be enough to make them bolt to there huts in the cage.
In time they will get over it if your good to them'

No worries, I'm sure he'll forgive you...quickly ;) especially if you offer a nice wood treat to smooth the deal over. I took have a few "flighty" chins around the chin room...you move the wrong way and they're wall surfing!

He is still sitting on my lap thankfully. Last night he ran to me when my son went to pick him up after play time was over. It was like he understood what was being said. It worked...he got a few more minutes lol. They are really just the sweetest creatures. We have had the pleasure of sharing our home with different animals over the years, but this little one has just taken over all of our hearts. I never knew how amazing they were.

Back