My first pedigreed babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne-Lise

Gosh I've waited for too long!
The first breeding pair I bought haven't had any kits in well over a year, so I got around to buy another breeding pair. The female, Big Mama :)laughitup:) has been putting on weight a lot and she'll deliver pretty soon I think. She was 820g when she arrived here in April, then dropped to 780g (I was not worried, she was in a run before and got a larger cage now, she's spending lots of time running around!) and she's now 1022g! Babies are kicking a lot I can feel it. This is a pic from a couple weeks ago, she's put on about 100g+ since then.

DSCF3281.jpg

Her male is an xdark eb, both from the Ryerson and both section champ, twice for the male (ecbc and mcba show) and once for the female (ecbc show) + once reserve phase champ (mcba show). Actually, they were chosen to complement each other before they arrived, so I hope I'll be getting really nice babies!

It's been a long while since my last litter, so I'm a bit worried....

Congrats!!! Sounds like it could be triplets. Keep us posted.

3 babies born yesterday! :dance3:
2 tans and an ebony. There was a bit of fighting at first but it seems like they settle down and mom's doing an excellent jon. Soooo excellent I gotta bribe her to access the kits to weight them :wacko:

Here's a tan girl:

DSCF3460.jpg

Ewwwww - I hate teasing!!
Where's the rest??
This one's a real cutie!

Glad to see everything went well. Congrats on the little ones. I know the whole chin family will be spoiled rotten. :congrats7:

All my pictures were just horrible sorry! I just took some new ones:

A tan male, he opened his last eye this morning, I was getting worry as I didn't succeed in doing it myself. He's calmer and more....like a rag loll, I don't know how to say this. But he didn't loose weight and I let him with mom alone for some hours here and there.
DSCF3487.jpg

And the 2 girls
DSCF3490.jpg

DSCF3491.jpg

DSCF3501.jpg

DSCF3522.jpg

:cry4: I lost a baby yesterday night :cry3:

I think he had a respiratory problem from the start. He did take 48 hours to open his eyes full even with my help, and when I tried to feed him, I thought he was having problem with the syringe, but I realise now he had a hard time breathing. There was no use trying to feed him, he swallowed with difficulty and would not breathe evenly. When I picked him up at 2 o'clock last night, I just wished he was already gone, I couldn't stand seeing him suffer, hearing his laborious breathing, tore my heart apart.....

I buried him between the roots of an appletree, poor baby, oh how much I cried....I barely slept.....:cry4:

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing kits is always hard, but if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. I will say some prayers for you and for the little kit. I hope you feel a little bit better about this, and know that it wasn't your fault. Sometimes these things just happen. :(

Back