My Chinchilla has been peeing in the same spot all day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchandChilla

Chinch and Chilla
I've cleaned it up 4 times today. And she leaves a lot of pee for me in the morning in the same spot as well. What does this mean? ALSO, she has been doing this thing where she just sits still for a really long time. She just sits there . . .and watches me. She doesn't move at all. Even if I offer a raisin?

Is she okay? IS something wrong?

Chins tend to pick their favorite corner to pee in. You can use it to your advantage and place a pan with shavings in it to act as a litter pan for easy clean up.

Chins like to do the sit and stare thing. People claim they sleep with their eyes open. I wouldn't doubt it. There is nothing wrong with your chin.

Please don't offer her raisins. They are not healthy and can cause some really scary health problems. Try old fashioned oats, unfrosted shredded wheat, apple twigs, rose hips, or a cheerio.

Thank you very much! I put a ceramic tile where she's peeing and it's working really well actually. Easy to clean and it doesn't get anywhere else.

I have one more question, I went to the store to look for cheerios . . but all of them had sugar added. I know sugar is not good, so what type of cheerios are you guys feeding your chinchillas?

I think chins find us to be entertaining, and do sit for long periods of time just watching us! lol. And as Stacie mentioned, if your chin pees in the same spot, that is a great opportunity to have a litter pan for her to go in. My chin uses her litter pan. I started by placing it in her favorite corner, and added a bit of soiled bedding in the pan. She got the idea right away. And no raisins. Stacie mentioned great alternatives, but always give sparingly.

you want just plain cheerios. Yes, there is a little sugar in them that is why it is recommended that you only give 1 or 2 a WEEK. The spoon sized shredded wheat (not frosted) doesn't have sugar and my chins love them

Just wanted to make a quick note. Unless you feel like having a mess on your hands make sure you get the spoon sized shredded wheat. I did not know any better the first time I went to buy some and came home with "biscuits" of shredded wheat. They were about 4 in log. It was more than a little ridiculous, but lesson learned.

Back