my chin has a scratched nose

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came home and noticed the chins cage was open. I think my brother let them out by accident. but when I picked up my chin that escaped idk if I scratched his nose or if he had the scratch on it and I didn't see. he has a minor scratch on the bottom left of his nose. it is not bleeding or have any discharge, and a much smaller one right above his nose, there is some hair missing but not a lot to where I was like WOAH! that's a lot no it is very little hair. he is acting fine eating fine. I did get a tissue and wet it a bit to get off any dirt or dust so it doesn't get dirty. and maybe from wiping and rubbing his nose I did make it bleed a bit but then the blood stopped. will it heal on its own? do I give him dust baths? right now money is tough so I cant take him to the vet. if it was very serious to the point where he was very lethargic then I wouldn't care right to the emergency vet, but hes active. I just wanna know that he will be ok.

Just leave it alone and keep an eye on it for any signs of infection. More than likely it will be ok. As long as the wound is not open, you can give him dust baths.

Just leave it alone and keep an eye on it for any signs of infection. More than likely it will be ok. As long as the wound is not open, you can give him dust baths.

I woke up 2 at night to check and rub his nose for any discharge luckly nothing bad. But the scratches look like tgere going to scab up now. Hes perfectly fine very active. Just to be safe i wont give him a dust bath until i see it heal up. Btw is ther any antiseptic they sell to prevent infection?

Oh i frogot to say i checked not to long ago and the redness has gone away just a little bit but ill be here all day until 7 and wont be back until tomorrow. So my dad will be checking his nose out a couple of times.

Back