My chameleon needs a name...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midwest Exotics

CnQ member since 2003
Ok, so i have had my chameleon for over a month now & cannot for the life of me name him. Ive never had this much trouble naming a pet until now. I really thought it would be easy, but of course not!=]

Anyways, im really hoping to go with something colorful(of course).

If not colorful i think something mad scientist like, "dark," skeleton like or medieval would be fitting. Obviously, he has lots of colors coming in, he has white lips that remind me of a skeleton, & i always think his little grippy hands seem like they would be fitting to hold a sword. =]

The only things i have come up with are

Reggae(when i think Reggae i not only think music, but colors), Salvador, Marrowind, Salvator, Gatsby, Epson, Burgeese,

None of which are really that cool. haha

I know some of you have to play the new age computer games & those types of names have to be flowing for you. hahah

Here are some photos of him...

4529884189_d6cc0cfe84.jpg

4530510798_c1eab81cb5.jpg

4491645012_e6571f28e7.jpg

4533043575_167932602e.jpg

4448454844_e80fd0511f.jpg

OMG!! I don't have any name ideas, but I have to say I am EXTREMELY jealous!!
I have wanted a chameleon forever, but I am not allowed to have one until I move...

Karma. :p (Sorry, child of the 80s here.)
Reggae brings to mind Bob Marley, either of which could be a good name. There's also Ziggy, Bob's son who's also a recording artist, but I kinda like Bob.
Jack Skellington?
Petry (from the Land Before Time movies, again, an 80s reference, guess I'm just stuck there right now)
And I don't know why but "Sticky" just popped into my head, probably a combination of how he catches his crickets and how he climbs.

Well 1st off I just want to say that picture of him where he's blue is absolutly beautiful. :) Anyway, I also like the name Petri from Land Before Time. But some more names could be Marley, Hamlet, Lancealot, Benedict, Shakespear, or Egor. :)

I say pick a man's name and then put "Sir" in front of in, thereby knighting him. ;) Sir Albert, Sir Henry, Sir Reginald...so on. I also have a friend named Duke, which might be cute, if common for pets. Or for something colorful, how about Crayola?

I also like Benedict and Shakespeare!

I like Aragorn, he's a cool dude with a sword!

He is really cool, I would love a chameleon after seeing yours. :)

He looks like a Dexter to me.

I don't know if you watch the show, but there is a show called Dexter on Showtime and he's a serial killer.

My ambilobe had a Greek name, Apollo. You could go with Hermes, Narcissus, Zeus, Hephaestus, Hades, Orpheus, Poseidon, and a myriad of others!!

Wow, what a nice looking cameleon, are they hard to take care of?
For colors, these come to mind:
Prism, diamond, Kenna (they have a weird awsome color music video called "H*ll bent")
For fighters/skeletonesque names:
Could name him Zombie, or Zero, or Zorro. hehee i like z names, but i really like naming my pets after television show characters

When I first saw his pic "Herbie" jumped into my head. Absolutely not the type of name you are looking for...LOL

how about Merlin (Midevial Magician)

I like the name Karma, lol.

My 2 Chameleons were Camaro & Corvette. xD

Thanks for the great names everyone!!

He is still not named as i just cannot find the RIGHT one. I dont think he minds though. I think its so hard because i know he will still change so much.

He has gotten a lot of yellows, greens, blues, & orangey reds. He's quite the beaut! I <3 him lots & lots!

As for chameleon care for those of you who asked, they are definitely not a pet for everyone & take special care & realizing they dont like to be handled. So far, he has been very great & pretty easy to care for. I work from home though, so he generally has round the clock care. =]

I did like the name Zero (the nightmare before christmas dog) we debated naming our dog that & didnt end up doing so, SO, maybe i will put that into the hat of possibilities for him. =]

I also watched the SNL with betty white last weekend & loved the name she gave for the census. Blarfengar, thats going into the hat for sure too!!!

I will have to add more up to date photos of him. <3

Back