Must Tell News...Two Babies Arriving From CTChins...CT to NY Roadtrip

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
Hi Everyone,

I have been waiting to share good news.

Brenda (CTChins) and I have arranged for her to transport two baby chins to me this coming Sunday.

I will be the honored Mom to her special orphan baby who will be named Faith and a second baby to be named Serena.

I am just bursting with excitement.

I will let Brenda tell you about her special baby, Faith, and her "sister" the sometimes aloof, Serena.

Here are some pictures of the new cage waiting to be filled with babies. I am hoping that I can house the babies and my Lenora together in one FN142 if introductions go well.

I will eventually move my NJ Rehomes, Angel and Destiny into the unused FN142 or if intros don't work...their own FN142.

Also included pics of play area, work table/storage and the "evil" Angel glaring at the innocent and unsuspecting Lenora.

Attachments

• babies' cage all set up crop.jpg
    babies' cage all set up crop.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 49
  • babies' and lenora's cage sidebyside crop.jpg
    babies' and lenora's cage sidebyside crop.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 45
  • big girl's cage on side crop.jpg
    big girl's cage on side crop.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
  • lenora near angel crop.jpg
    lenora near angel crop.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 39
  • work bench crop.jpg
    work bench crop.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 38
play area

Attachments

• perfect play area crop.jpg
    perfect play area crop.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
  • destiny and angel in cage on side crop.jpg
    destiny and angel in cage on side crop.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 18
Ha Ha! I was wondering how long you could hold out LOL They are going to be spoiled rotten.

I'll have to come back later ... Picking up my grandson soon :)

Hi Barb!

Thank you for the good word. Angel and Destiny are a hoot! They make me laugh every day. I have fallen deeply in love with them.

You should see how wonderful their fur looks now that they are on a good diet. Thick and shimmery. Tails so much thicker. And their ears are better.

The minute I know if I can use one of the cages for the Big Girlies or buy another I am determined to get them off of newspaper and throw that awful cage out. I tell Angel and Destiny that very soon they will have their own FN142.
(I figure I will know in 4 weeks?)

One of them still has very tiny poop. But they seem fine.

I'm trusting Faye with one of my most beloved baby's ever. I hand fed Faith around the clock from about 4 days old. Her mom or litter mate bit her in the nose while fighting for a nipple. She had a horrendous wound. At first it was touch and go and a battle to get her to eat. At 10 days she had diarrhea but the wonderful people on here helped me with that and she was better in a day or two. Her nose is all healed now with just a small bit spot by her nostril.

I originally called her "uggy." I'd tell her "you sure are an uggy baby but some day you will be a beautiful swan" lol. Of course this was only a temporary name. Faye asked me to name her. I thought it was fate that Faye wrote me when she did. I wanted this baby to only go to a home where she would be spoiled rotten..yet the owner was SMART and would make sure no harm came to her. So I sort of named her after Faye and after fate. Her new name is Faith. I would keep her except with all my pets should would not get the attention she needs. She is turning into a beautiful baby and will be a swan. It is going to hurt like heck when she leaves but I know I will get updates :)

By the way Faye...Serena has been very outgoing and sweet lately. I hope I don't make her mad LOL

Last edited:
Awww, Brenda! You know I will take the best care I can of Faith Formally Known As Uggy and Serena. I raise my right hand and promise many updates, pictures and stories.

I will have a big box of tissues ready for you. :tissue:

See you Sunday:wave5:

Back