Mrs. Pasture's Horse Cookies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleynicol3

Anyone know if the Mrs. Pasture's Horse Cookies are safe to give your chins? Here is the link... They're the fourth item down.

http://chinchillacity.com/hay_food_treats/food.html

When I order loofah and other things from here, I get a free goodie bag and one of these cookies was inside. I let Buddha try it and he loves it! I've given him one cookie over the course of a week and a half or so - just letting him have little nibbles here and there. I want to order more, but don't really know what's in them and wondering if anyone has any information?

I've known some breeders to give them to their chins. I used to, but they're a pain to cut into smaller pieces so I stopped giving them.

I give mine those once in awhile. I have to agree with Javachin they are a pain to cut into smaller pieces.

I seem to have gotten them as an extra almost every time I've ordered from anyone. My boys like them, but it takes a hammer to break them up into small enough pieces.

I have just been holding one out to him and letting him nibble for a minute or so instead of trying to break it up. I'm going to order some more because he loves them! He holds onto my finger and tries to pull me back if I take it away, lol.

The ingredients are: Oats, Wheat Bran, Cane Molasses, Rolled Barley, Fresh Apples and Water.

Our chinchillas go crazy over them too! The best way for me to break them up is to put them in a Ziploc bag and whack them with a hammer. I tried to cut them up with a chef's knife and nearly lost a finger or two, so the hammer is totally the best way to go.

Back