Moya

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreya

I like to have my chins in pairs because I work and don't think it's fair for them to be alone so much. My new girl Prowler is coming home on March 8th but she was supposed to be a boy and supposed to go in with two of my other boys. Surprise! Prowler is a girl. I had been talking to my friend about it and she had a girl that she didn't want because she has gotten out of breeding and is trying to downsize her herd. I went just to look at her yesterday and ended up bringing her home. She is the sweetest chinchilla I have ever seen. She immediately liked being petted and climbed up to my shoulder and hung out in my hood for a while. When she climbed back down into my hands she then reached up and gave me, what I can only believe is a kiss, she pressed her mouth against mine. Then my friend took her for a minute so I could show her a picture on my phone and before I could put the phone down she jumped back into my arms. I. Am. In. Love. =) Here are some pics...

Moya in her quarantine cage. =)

moya1.jpg

moya3.jpg

moya4.jpg

moya2.jpg

Last edited:
What a pretty girl! I hope she and prowler get a long perfectly for you.

Congrats on your new so cute addition!! Can I ask a off topic question what is the bedding you use it looks much softer then the aspen I am using

kerri - It is pine shavings. I did seem to get extra fluffly shavings this time, which is cool. I've never used any other kind, but depending on the brand have gotten everything from hard chunky flakes to this.

Thanks, all. =) I really hope they take to each other. Moya has had babies and Prowler is still going to be a baby so I am hoping she thinks it's -her- baby. They are my first female chins, which is exciting. With Prowler, it will also give me 3 chins that like being handled! =)

Thank god for CNH. I'm 30, very few people can I gush to about my chinchillas. lol

Thanks! She really is adorable. Sorry Lovin', you can't have her, Prowler would be very upset if I took her away. As soon as Prowler realized that Moya wasn't going to hurt her, it was instant love. Moya has never shown the teeniest bit of aggression and immediately let Prowler climb all over her. They are inseparable, whether Moya likes it or not. LOL They sleep together every night in their fleece tube and Prowler adores her. =)

Thanks! She really is adorable. Sorry Lovin', you can't have her, Prowler would be very upset if I took her away. As soon as Prowler realized that Moya wasn't going to hurt her, it was instant love. Moya has never shown the teeniest bit of aggression and immediately let Prowler climb all over her. They are inseparable, whether Moya likes it or not. LOL They sleep together every night in their fleece tube and Prowler adores her. =)

I know, I'll just have to wait with fingers permanently :crossfingers:

How precious. I've been hesitant to go the two chins-in-a-cage route; I've heard the not so awesome stories and my paranoia ran in. I'm glad it works so well for you--and so many other people--though. :)

By the way, Prowler is a super name.

I know, I'll just have to wait with fingers permanently :crossfingers:

Aww. =)

How precious. I've been hesitant to go the two chins-in-a-cage route; I've heard the not so awesome stories and my paranoia ran in. I'm glad it works so well for you--and so many other people--though. :)

By the way, Prowler is a super name.

Honestly, Prowler and Ari were babies when I put them in with their cage mates who were both known to be non-aggressive. Talyn and Kallel was just dumb luck and Talyn isn't aggressive, so I had that going for me. It works well for me and my zoo to not have them dependent on me for all of their attention.

Honestly, Prowler and Ari were babies when I put them in with their cage mates who were both known to be non-aggressive. Talyn and Kallel was just dumb luck and Talyn isn't aggressive, so I had that going for me. It works well for me and my zoo to not have them dependent on me for all of their attention.

You make an excellent point there. Sappho's all about the attention (as we speak she's got her sexy-legs pose going--check my Album pic for reference). Unfortunately, too, we don't have her in a room where, if I had two in a cage, if one jumped out while trying to get the other it would be closed off. So for now it's one chin a cage, :dance3:

Back