mouse in Bella's cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lishreese

My husband and I r currently living with my parents, and they really don't care at all about bugs and mice in the house. We r doing everything we can, setting traps, keeping things clean, and plugging holes that we find, but somehow a mouse got in Bella's cage. She seems fine, not scared or injured at all, but it definitely got into her food dish. It didn't look like it got anywhere else. We cleaned her cage and vacuumed (I know, not the best thing we could do but we really didn't have any other options, believe me I was trying to think of one). Next we will be searching for any holes we haven't found yet so we can plug them. But I am very worried about Bella. I am praying she didn't come in contact with it or any poop or anything, but are there any warning signs I need to watch out for? An just fyi my husband and I just bought a house so we won't b in this situation much longer thankfully.

I agree with the guard, but also try to keep her up on a table or something away from walls and stacked items. You need to try to keep Bella as protected as possible because there are soooooooo many diseases that mice/rats can carry. Especially if they aren't of the pet variety, because lord knows what they have came in contact with. Clean clean clean constantly and just try to keep her healthy and safe. :/

I'm sorry you guys are in this situation & I hope you're out soon!

Best of luck!

you will have to get hardware cloth that has 1/2 in. by 1/2 in. spacing and wrap it around her cage and secure it. It doesnt matter how high you put the cage and just protecting the bottom of the cage wont help. Mice can climb just about anything! if you can get smaller spacing on the hardware cloth even better! You would be surprised how small a hole mice can get through.

Back