missing chins URGENT

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhbf91

I have two chinchillas, i've had them for about 3 weeks now. I took them into the bathroom tonight to let them have a run around and they found a small hole somewhere and they've disappeared.It was my own stupid fault, I'm absolutely gutted and i have no idea what to do.. :'( i tried coaxing them out with treats and sand but nothing was working and now i can't even hear them. I've put their cage in the bathroom thinking they'll go back in at some point when they're hungry.
I just don't know what to do, can anyone help?
thanks

Close off all rooms and keep them closed until you catch them. Put food and water in each one. You can also put some dust in each. Check each room for signs of eating, drinking or dusting. When you see that they have been in a room, you will know which room to start looking in. BTW, they could still be where you thought they went, they may just be sleeping so they are not making noise. They will come out eventually, especially if there is food and water out for them.

we've kept the bathroom door closed ever since, so there's no way they left the room that way.There's still no sign of them 2 hours on :\
thanks for your help

If you found the hole, is it to the wall, or a cupboard area? If it's a wall they might be able to move up higher or to a seprate part of the house. Walls can be quite hollow in some houses.

I guess this was last week but were you able to find them?

Something my Sparta was doing in the bathroom is going into the cabinets where the drawers are and hiding under the bottom of them, if there are any you could look under those?

Back