Minnesota chins rescue update & pictures

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liewwan

As some of you may know. There were 3 chinchillas(2 females and 1 male) that are all stained up, a mosaic somehow is yellow and brown tail.
A lot of people had chipped in to pay for their fees, which I want to say on the behalf of these 3 thank you very much for your donations.
Both Hope and Grace will need a forever home once they are ready, so please if you are willing to adopt them please let me know. Faith will stay here since I'm concern about her behavior.
I thought I'll share a bit of their progress and some photos of them.
First off all 3 are females, yay
Their names are Hope (mosaic), Faith (dark standard) and Grace (standard) In Hopes and Faith for us to see their Grace.
We were able to get them sexed and got to weigh only 1 of them whom is around 633. The other two are roughly the same size. They were very stained from pee and poo stains (especially the belly and tail area), and under belly of Faith is matted so bad that it's clumped up. Hope as earlier stated is suppose to be a very white mosaic but now has yellow all over and her tail is brown, also by the picture below you'll see one that she has matting through out her body. Grace is the only one that is in ok condition.
Overall heath is good, eating, drinking, pooing, exploring and acting fine.
Faith is a bit on the crabby side, she already sprayed me more times than I can count, bites and kacks like crazy.
Here are some pictures of them now:
Food they were eating:
IMAG0428.jpg

Hope's back:
IMAG0420-1-1.jpg

Hope's face shot:
IMAG0419.jpg

Hope's side:
IMAG0426-1.jpg

Faith's belly (this is suppose to be a dark standard, also was told she was a male):
IMAG0464.jpg

I'm so happy you could rescue them! Poor girls! They are going to have a MUCH better life from now on!

Yes we're making progress slowly and starting to settle in.
We're dusting like crazy here hahaha. I did a cold switch to Mazuri and they are little piggies. Not too interested in loose hay so I'll be tossing some cubed hay and hay pellets in tonight. I don't think they know what loose hay is. I heard them pulling some out last night though, still I want them to eat as much hay as possible.

Thank you Liewwan and all who donated for giving these chins the care and the respect they deserve. I hope to see them looking healthier and healthier over time, and finding their forever homes.

First, congrats on trying to help chins in need. That said, judging by the photo...and it's not the easiest photo to tell from...Faith does indeed, to me, look like a MALE. That looks like a penile cone to me.

That is amazing and great that there are those who can help pets in need...although I don't know these people great job !!!!!

thanks for being part of the solution, sis - people like you are what fall into some of 'redeeming values' column for our sadly self-centered culture... you rock

First, congrats on trying to help chins in need. That said, judging by the photo...and it's not the easiest photo to tell from...Faith does indeed, to me, look like a MALE. That looks like a penile cone to me.

I put a better picture on the General tab, hopefully to get more traffic on it.
There is no gap between it and the anus. I did a comparison with my boys and with all the females and my boys has that gap. Faith doesn't. I always value 2nd opinion. If you can take a look at it, that'll be great.

Yep, she's a girl :) It looked more like a penile cone in the pic on this thread which is the only reason I questioned it! Wouldn't be the first time somebody mistook the gender of a chin :) Anyhow, again, good job! We need more people willing to step up. Good job to all those that helped with this as well!

Yeah you should've seen me grabbing her and then grabbing both boys to compare and make sure I got it right lol.
Thanks, I hope more people step up to help too

Ok, here's the situation. Grace is perfectly fine. Hope and Faith however is a bit on the concerning side. Hope will explore, however she sleeps the most of them all. Her poo was the worst out of the 3, very very light brown. I see her chewing toys but not eating as much as the other 2, but she does eat. Faith on the other hand has 1 eye that has minor sleep crust on it. The first night I checked her, it looks like she has very minor tears on the right eye. It's stopped since until this morning I noticed a super light teary eye. I've checked her teeth and it's not bad at all, she actually chews more than the other ones. Rest of her behavior is as normal as normal can get. I will pull her out tonight and borrito wrap her to clean her eye with a moist towel.
Also I want to add that the girls has absolutely no clue what loose hay is. They'll play with it eat a bit of it, last night I put hay cubes and I see they are chewing those like champs. I'll be giving them some pumpkin puree to them tonight and massage their belly. I'll be picking up some CC over the weekend just in case I have to hand feed. I've added some acidopolis powder in their pellets (I have them on Mazuri).
So if you can help with the chip in on the vet fund even a $1 helps. Send as a gift or else pay pal charges.
I've contacted the humane society and 4 of my vets. One of them is willing to do a discount rate since they are rescues. The small animal physical check up fee is $28 per chin, if everything checks out ok than no additional fees is added. Hopefully that's the case.
Here is the chip in link- http://save3chinsfromcraigslist.chipin.com/minnesota-craigslist-chinchilla-rescue

Burrito wrap!! Sounds so cute! I'm glad you saved them!

Like addicted said, wouldn't you be Surpised if your eyes didn't get irritated with extra dust baths !!

I hope in the end maybe, just maybe the three could stay together instead of separated

I'm stopping dusting for 2 days. I already made an appointment with the vet for Friday. This way if things clears up I can cancel it.

great thing your doing here. Hope there doing great and ill try and chip in when i get some money on my paypal :) looking at the second day pic they look like they are already making good progress :)

Last edited:
Back