methods of burrito-ing chilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perabalaofmystery

soo background story ..really early today i had to take my white violet chin Gummi to the vet. she has an eye infection. :( i was given antibiotics and eye drops.

i've had to burrito her in the past but. shes never been so wiggly before. it wound up being a two person job to give her her meds today.

i usually end up wrapping a bunch of fleece around her several times.( which always worked in the past) making a kind of nest with just her head(or whatever body part) poking out. but today she keeps managing to pop out of it like a cork and flail around.

so any tips /pointers/instructions on getting the chinny wrapped up properly?

Lay a kitchen towel across your chest, a thin one. Set her on your chest on her tummy towards one end of the towel. Take the short end and wrap it around her body, then quickly fold the other part over top of that and wrap until she is secure. Make sure that her front paws are below the edge of the towel before you wrap.

If you use thick stuff, it won't burrito well. There's too much room for slippage.

i tried that and it worked well. thanks for helping.

i always feel so bad when i have to burrito her. she hates it so much. shes just a sad little chilla. especially since shes been temporarily separated from her cagemate.

she spent 10 minutes curled up sleeping on my chest after i gave her the meds/ eye drops. normally i cant get her to stop bouncing around on me.

its never fun to have a sick animal.

Back