Mess catcher for cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finallygotachilla

I'm having to vacuum 2 to 3 times a day because my female chinchilla is knocking hay, food, poop and wood shavings out onto the floor,
so I wondered if anyone knows of a kind of external clip on tray I can attach
all the way round the bottom of the cage to collect the mess.

Thanks

Annie is making/selling neat poop fleece cage panels called poopsagaurd.She's on vacation right now but you may want to leave her a message.The name of her store is ChinChic

Whimsy's menagerie sells scatter guards. If you google whimsy's menagerie and chinchilla rescue it'll pop up
Go to cage accessories and scroll down. I attached a screen shot of what they look like on her website.
I have them in my cage and wake up with only one or two poopies on the floor :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378826066586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378826066586.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 27
I'm having the same problem!

I clean around my cage EVERY day but within a few hours there's food, hay, poops, you name it on the floor around the cage -_-

I am wondering if I can rig some type of plexiglass around the bottom when we get a cage (and a chin!).

The only mess we have on the floor around our cages since switching to the Ferret Nation cages with Bass pans is hay. No more bedding or poo everywhere! Now if I could just just figure out how to keep the hay contained, it would be perfect.

Back