Meet my chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcdnchinx

Chinny is a standard male about 1 year-he is the most friendliest of them all. He enjoy his daily scritches

Chilly (white mosaic i do believe he is) is about 7-8 months so i was told. I only got him a week ago. And i am sure that some of you will comment on the cage, please note this is a temporary set up that he came with until i get purchase a larger cage for him. I am trying to fix the current setup as much as i can)

Attachments

• chilly.jpg
    chilly.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 55
  • chinny.jpg
    chinny.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 37
  • chinnnnny.doc
    289 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
his eyes look red i thought it was a pink white or something along that line.. i could be wrong though but i wouldnt think it was a mosiac

Chinny is a little cutie pie and so is Chilly. I too think that Chilly is a pink white. Pink whites can have markings as well. I know you said it is a temporary set up but you have to get that hanging chew toy out of Chilly's cage. It has plastic pieces in there and I'm not sure those fruit looking pieces are wood. Do you know what it's made of?

Hmm.. iw ill look closer at his eyes tonight. It might just be the camera. As for the hanging toy.. the fruit are made from wood.

you can disassemble the toy and just leave the wood on there.....the little jewel things should go. typically they prefer apple sticks. my guinea pig came with those fruit thingies, she wouldnt touch them. i put one in my chinnies cage but they just pee'd on it. you can also buy some predrilled wood or pumice stone and use the "kebab" to hold them onto, as long as the top part isnt plastic. the ones i had, had a little plastic bunny or other rodent thing on top so they couldnt go in the chins cages but i have seen some without.

eta: also you can just add a small piece of fleece on that shelf to protect his feet until you get a permanent cage for him. just a thought. ;)

Thanks for the advice. i will deffinately try to disassmble the kabob. If you look in the 3rd pic Chinny is munching on an apple stick, they both deffinately love them. Thanks for the advice about the fleece i will get right on that. And thank you all for clarifying Chilly's colour :D You all rock!

yep, Chilly is a pink white. My boy Patch is a pink white and he has a gray patch over his eye and a big one on his back. Cute chins :)

hmm i never knew that. Am i correct in specifying Chinny as a standard gray? his belly is light gray

yes he is a standard, because of his white belly. a light grey belly is usually a light ebony but in some cases it could be a dirty bellied standard.
i actually have one of each. my Zucca is a dirty bellied pet store pet. and midnite came from the arlington raid and he is a lite eb.
here is a pic of midnite and his cagemate pichu. midnite is the lite eb and pichu is a standard:

Attachments

• 41 & 42.jpg
    41 & 42.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back