MCBA Magazine feedback please

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cedar River Chins

Okay not really sure if this is where this should go (so mods feel free to move it if need be)

As most of you know Jim and Bill (MCBA magazine editors) are good friends of mine. And well the magazine is a hard job to put all together. Alot of people say they will help out with good intention but life always seems to get in the way..
Bill and Jim have dine a great job with the mag so far and trying to keep info and stories current and full of knowledge..Plus made it fun with puzzles and quizzes..But they can always use new articles..Well if there is new articles to write we want to know what you guys want to read about.. So if any of you can post topic ideas that you would want to read about that would be great..Also if anyone wants to write one and submit it to be published that would be great too..

I suggested maybe having a editorial page or column in the magazine, too. they were not opposed to the idea..I mean pretty much all magazines have a section where you can write in your opinion to something going on or a story that was covered in a past issue (whatever the case my be)..So I wanted to know if any of you had any interest in seeing something like that in the MCBA magazine..??

All replies are appreciated..thank you

How about a explaination of the Ebony gene, with it's difference between "homo" [every hair shiny black] and extra dark!

Yea, add the tan/chocolate debacle too.

If you could get the word out that you'd publish a chinchilla-related article for free to the university world, I'm sure you'd get takers. It costs a lot of money to publish in the popular science journals...

I recently read one on crime scene work and pet hair (including chinchilla) that was really interesting...

Let them know if they ever need any help, I'm available. I am a writer/editor by trade and still love to do it in my off time too! :)

Also, maybe something about proper ventilation/ventilation systems used, etc? I have heard often about improper ventilation etc and am just curious to see what sorts of things are used (as I prepare to remodel the chin building).

thanks everyone..Keep the ideas coming..

Dee I will pass that ti bit along to them..

any yeah or nays on the editorial section??

Editorials spice up anything... it would be an interesting addition.

I like the idea of an editorial section.

I'd like to see the minutes, or some kind of summary, of the national board meetings published.

Ooo, ooo, and maybe a Question of the Issue section! Like, pose some question pertaining to anything chin-related, collect responses from members, then publish selected responses the following issue with a new question.

how about what to do in emergencies, and some basic at home medical care is always a good idea, things you can do with minor issues. helping moms when in need, etc...Is always a good refresher or good for people who have never had issues.

I think a section each issue that tackles some aspect of the genetics behind breeding. I think it can be called "Breeding for Beginners". ;)

Back