Martin's or QC?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amsue0222

chin lover
I was wondering if anyone that has had good or bad experience with either the Martin's or the QC cages? I have a few Ferret Nations but thought that I might like to try a few other types of cages. I have the FNs divided and sometimes feel like they are not enough jumping space for my chins. Also since I am starting to do rescue I would like to have a few nice cages on hand.
I can get the Martin's highrise with no interiors for a pretty decent price but the QC cages are a bit more.
I would like to know if anyone has a better experience with keeping the floors clean too as opposed to the FNs.

I have the Martin's cages for my boys and the FN for Gabby. I love my Martin's cages.

They are a bit harder to clean as apposed to the FN because I cant just pop the doors open and clean, but I have slide out pans so it isn't too hard. I would not recommend the drop in pan as the cage gets pretty heavy and it will turn into a 2 person job.

I don't have any experience with the QC cages however, but I know people have them and like them, but I am impressed with the Martin's cages.

I have Martin cages and LOVE them. Don't get me wrong they are not the easiest to clean (like stated above) but they are very good quality. I don't mean to speak for anyone else but I think hedgemom is another martin lover.

I got mine already assembled (because I'm that lucky haha) but when I had to take out the shelves and ramps to replace them with wood shelves(do still have some of the wire shelves) it wasn't the easiest job. Took a little time to do but either way could have been worse.

and though I don't have this set up now, I know that chicken wire (the really small kind) wrapped around the sleves help keep the floor clean. Personally I just bought a bundle of scrap wood and was able to make little guards for my shelves-just as easy...

Good luck!

I adore the QC cages! They have easy slide in and out pans, come with proper wooden shelving, and the same site sells wheels, etc! Better to order everything from one site!

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone with experience with both (though Peggy might have mentioned using both once). I have a QC Mansion and I love it. It is sturdy, easily assembled, and I haven't had any problems with it. Ordering from them was easy, and the people there are very open to questions, caring more about honesty than making the sale. I am very happy with QC, and I would definitely buy from them again.

I have a Martin, QC and FN cage. Personally, I like the FN's the best because of their wide doors, but if it was between the Martin and QC, I like the QC better because it comes with wood shelves already and I love the pans on them. The Martin cage is much harder to clean.

I live 45 minutes from Martin's so that was a no brainer for me to get from them rather then pay the shipping from QC. Also I would much rather make my own shelves, and ledges then have them prefab, but I have that capability here. I think it is going to be a hard choice either way :)

I swear by QC Cages! I have 18 of them! They were my favorite from the start though :) open the box, pop them up, put in the ledges...voila one awesome cage :) Plus they are extremely easy to clean! If you get a mansion, though...I suggest getting a second door rather than just the one....makes it a LOT easier to get inside! I have 8 mansions and only 3 have double doors :( One good bonus for me though is when a ledge gets chewed up Jay just makes me a new one :)

:confused: Hmmmm.... I suppose that I am still debating. I don't mind doing the ledges myself. I am soooo CONFUSED-- I would definitely get the slide out pan. I suppose I am still thinking about it. I think that every few months I go through this where I have such a hard time deciding.

I have 2 Martin's cages, I would NOT suggest the drop in pans, that's what I have and I nearly break my back everytime I change the cages but both of mine have held up very well.

I've only had QC cages and it's working perfectly fine :) Easy to clean and assemble. I actually got my cage dented when it was shipped and the QC company gave me appropriate compensations for it which I found very nice and unlike some other suppliers.

I have 4 Martin cages and love them. I personally didn't like the looks of their chinchilla cages, so I ordered some of their bird cages with a modified floor, and they are so great and roomy! No wire ramps or levels, just space for wooden ledges and extras. They come with plastic slide out pans, which are great and easy to clean. They can't get to the plastic because of the wire floor, you just have to make sure you ask them to modify it to 1/2in by 1/2 in wire spacing, as the bird floor spacing is too large.

I have QCs, but I like Martins and have used them for rat cages and such, as they're nearby and I don't have to worry about shipping. If/when I need new cages, Martin's is definitely going to be a top of the list option.

I am sourcing for a bigger cage and was looking at Martin Cage/QC Cages. I have seen Martin Cages as my friend just bought a few for his chinnies but not the QC cage.

I get to know that Martin Cage is made Galvanised after welded and QC cage is made Galvanised before welded.

I search for both and found that:

GALVANIZED BEFORE welding is an economical mesh. The galvanizing is damaged at the joints during the welding process. Thus, the material rusts
more quickly, which decreases the life of the product when compared to the Galvanized After wire.

GALVANIZED AFTER welded wire is dipped after it is welded, providing a seal of zinc and galvanizing over the joints. This makes the mesh somewhat
harder to cut & straighten, but at the same time, it is more supportive & stiffer.

The Prices for MC and QC are quite different and was wondering anyone have both and can share their views about these? and does QC rusted easily?

I would make your own shelves if i were you because they are very easy to make. If your only considering the QC because of the shelves, then i would get the marlin. Also its fun to customize the cage.

Latest posts

Back