Marble slab secure on a ledge in the cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liewwan

Has anyone tried to put a marble slab that can fit into a wooden ledge/shelf with edges to prevent falling?
I'm concern on the weight it will add to the ledge. I have the fn, but still concern if the bars will hold that much weight all at once.
I don't know how my chins are moving their marble slaps, but they move it every single night :impatient:

You could put the shelf with the slab in the corner that way you could get another screw in through the back of the cage along with the side ones and it should be okay.

What we did for one of our wooden houses that was kind of pushing the weight limit was use some small stainless steel chain we got at Lowes, two staples used for holding down electric wire in a house, and a couple small S hooks. We just put the staples in the ledge and then attached a S hook to the staple and then to the chain. Then cut the chain to length up to the bars on our FN and used another S hook to secure it up to the top.

I can take a picture of it if that's confusing lol

I have mine chinchiller on a shelf in my boys cage. I made his shelves and my sisters boyfriend has one of those little handpower saws and cut a chinchiller size indent in and sanded it for me and it has worked fine.

You could put the shelf with the slab in the corner that way you could get another screw in through the back of the cage along with the side ones and it should be okay.

What we did for one of our wooden houses that was kind of pushing the weight limit was use some small stainless steel chain we got at Lowes, two staples used for holding down electric wire in a house, and a couple small S hooks. We just put the staples in the ledge and then attached a S hook to the staple and then to the chain. Then cut the chain to length up to the bars on our FN and used another S hook to secure it up to the top.

I can take a picture of it if that's confusing lol

Picture please :laughitup:

Back