Male chinchilla is not peeing.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms316

I had my chinchilla upstairs in my parents room for a few months so my grandma would stop messing with him. Yesterday morning I went up there to take care of him and found out that my parents had him right by the window with the hot sun shinning on him, the window shut, the air off, and the fan turned on low and only on them, Jitters ceramic plate I have in the cage for him was hot and he was really hot, so I hurried up and brought him to my room and he cooled off. I was laying next to his cage and noticed he was trying to pee, but couldn't. I put clean fresh litter in the corners of his cage he pees in and there was a little wet spot, but it was clear. Is anything wrong with him? He is acting really weird.

You can see him trying to pee? Is he kind of sagging his belly down to the ground and kind of "dragging" himself a bit? What does his belly feel like? Has he been eating and drinking?

A vet visit is in order for sure.

Does anyone know about how much it'll be for a vet visit? And what the problem might be, and what could've caused it? I seen him drinking his water like two or three different times and he drunk about half of what I had, and I gave him hay and he ate that normally, but it seems he ate less of his food, he seemed more lazy than hoe he normally acts, but he did destroy his cage like he always does. I tried checking him for a hair ring, but he squeals or makes a noise and I'm scared I'm hurting him. So if anyone could just give me an estimated amount of a vet fee visit that will me great.

It'll be whatever the vet charges. One of the vets I go to charges $52 for the initial visit, the other charges $68. That's just to walk in the door. Other people have told me their vet visit cost $85 to start. Just depends on the vet.

And that fee will increase depending on what tests/procedures they need to run, and any medications that may be sent home with the chin.

No one can estimate your vet bill. Your bill will depend on what the vet finds wrong with him, and what procedures they need to do to arrive at the conclusion as to what's wrong.

You posted this this morning --- you should have already taken him to the vet. His "seeming more lazy" likely is lethargy -- not a good sign in chins.

The way you can find out how much the vet is going to cost? Take him to the vet. They'll figure out what's wrong and tell you a total.

I was watching him and he went in his little corner and stayed for a little, he got in a weird looking position, but he was finally able to pee, it was a brownish color and then he started running around his cage and he took his ladder down and he's eating his hay.

Not yet, I couldn't get him to hold still, I tried to check a million times though, but he's starting to pee a lot more, and it's normal color, and he's acting normal and eating and drinking fine, but if he starts acting up again I have a vet I can take him to.

Back