Lookie what I brought home!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I switched the dogs to Halo dog food and the gas isnt too bad anymore. The vet thinks its from the worms dying inside him. But Ill keep the recipe in mind incase it comes back!

I do need to try something for the weight thought. He is filling out very slowly and not getting taller. Everything is staying small. Same with Lola she tops out at barely 40 lbs. Koa is barely 30lbs. They both eat twice as much as the recommended amount on the bag.

I was also told Lola was a pit mix but saw a dog at the shelter that they said the breed was a Catahoula/Florida Curr mix..that looked like they couldve been from the same litter.

Oh yea! I noticed on both the babies they have webbed feet. Thats when I started looking up breeds with webbed toes and found labs..

Taz is a lab mix... she has short hair on her head, sides and legs. Her tail and hind quarters has longer fur, and along her spine, she has longer fur with a bit of a wave to it. The shelter we got her from told her she was a Lab X German Shepherd. When we were at a Pet Expo, we saw a Doberman with natural ears that had the exact same facial structure and head shape as Taz. Taz also doesn't have webbed feet.

I think it'll be pretty impossible to figure out what Koa is, unless you want to shell out the money for that DNA/genetics test that vets can do. It's possible he has Lab in him - not all Labs have longer coats, and not all Labs have the squarish head. I think there are a few styles of Lab. From what I understand, English style labs are broader and stockier, and American style labs can be a bit more streamlined. Some people call them bench and field bred Labs.

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/english-american.html

I think it'll be pretty impossible to figure out what Koa is, unless you want to shell out the money for that DNA/genetics test that vets can do.

I just wanted to note that one of my friends was gonna do this DNA test on their dog... one they thought was part pitt. The one main company out there that does DNA testing (I can't think of what it is, but if you google it, there's one main one) doesn't have any pitt dna or any of those breeds (like you know how pitt bull isn't an actual breed, but staffordshire terrier is and so on). So none of those breeds are in their database, so even if the dog was part pitt, the test wouldn't be able to say... I'm not sure that all the dna tests for dog breeds are like this, but look into what breeds are covered by the test, because (for example) it wouldn't have done my friend any good to test her dog, when the test couldn't tell her if it was part pitt or not...

My friend did dna testing on what she thought was a pure german shepard. Only for them to say there were over 7 breeds of dog one of which was chihuahua. The lady at petco said dna testing was a waste of time and money because of how off it is.

I don't need to know what my dogs are I just would like to.

Back