Litter Training

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinowner

Can a chin be trained to use a litter pen? I have always wondered this because following after my chin to clean up after him is kind of a pain to do.

If so what is the best way to start or is just a waste of time.

yes they can. they will only pee in it .

put a litter dish in the spots they pee, when you the liter in it, put some soiled litter in it so they know what it is, and make sure youu take the litter out of the bottom of the cage.

leave the litter pans there for awhile, and after he gets used to it, take one pan out if you have more than one.

then when you are down to one, and if you want to move it, move it very slowly or he will start to pee on the floor again [from personal experience]. just move it alittle each week until u get it where you want it to go.

hope that made sense, i'm not that great at explaining.

summer

it makes sense. its the same way my sister trained her rabbit and how my mom trained are dog and cat so lets hope this works

I have some will use litter pans exclusively for peeing, others are stubborn and still pee where they want. I think it is their goal to train us.

Back