Keeping cool?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

In the event that the power goes out... How do you keep chins cool?
My electric is flashing and I'm worried I'll lose power. I have a window AC but that's all. They do have Chinchillers in their cages.

Any tips? It's about 73 degrees in there now. The AC works well and I usually keep it at 65 or lower but the rain usually makes it not work as well so it's a bit hotter than normal.

look for generators at stores like Home Depot, Lowes, places like that (both of those should have a 10% military discount too if applicable). generators vary a lot in price depending on how much they'll run. (My dad had a big enough one to do their whole house, but most will do like a refrigerator and a couple small things) Remember if you get one to leave it outside and just run an extension cord out. They run on gas like lawnmowers and you don't want those fumes in your house much less near a chin. I don't remember much about pricing (we have one-there's enough trees and storms that downed power lines happen almost every year. It's nice to keep food fresh, chins cool, and a couple lamps going). Just looking online $200 seems around the lowest and they go up to over $3,000 Yikes!

Back